Tea: History Terroirs, Varieties by Kevin Gascoyne, Francois Marchand, Jasmin Desharnais, Hugo Americi
A book about tea from the team at Camellia Sinensis tea house in Montreal, it is a great read for those who want to learn about the different teas and their traditions. The men are well travelled in the tea regions of the world and between them have amassed a great wealth of tea knowledge which they share in this book.
This tea book covers black, green, white, yellow, oolong, pu'er, perfumed, aromatic and smoked teas and includes:
- An overview of the history of tea
- Tea families, varieties, cultivars and grades
- How tea is grown, harvested and processed
- The tea trade worldwide
- Profile interviews with tea industry personalities.
Special features that loyal tea drinkers will especially enjoy are:
- Local tastes and methods of preparing tea (e.g. macha)
- Tasting notes and infusion accessories
- Teapot recommendations
- Caffeine, antioxidant and biochemical properties of 35 teas
- 15 gourmet recipes using tea
- A directory of 42 select teas.